Monday, November 9, 2009

Time to Catch UP!

I don't have a good excuse for letting my blog get so behind, but I'm finally just going to get it all caught up. So the next 3 or 4 posts (I've already lost track) should get us back to the present.




Mindy and I started a new business this year called, The Divvy Up. It's a semi-annual children's consignment sale held at our local fairgrounds. I knew this would be a large task, but it really has kept both of us very busy. We held our first sale in July and felt really good about it. Our second sale was just a few weeks ago, in October, and we were very happy with it. After talking to other people around the country that do this we expected a 50% increase, so we were excited when we checked in twice as many items in October than we did in July. It's been a learning expeirence for both of us, but we've also had a lot of fun with it, too.

We put together a float for the Fourth of July parades. We enlisted our children to pass out hangers with attached fliers to the crowds while Mindy and I rode on the back of the trailor and threw candy. The weather was so nice and cool that day, that we actually had a good time.

Here is a photo from our July sale. With double the items and the addition of 10 vendor booths our building was really full in October.
Saying "Goodbye" to the Goodrich's when they moved to the end of the earth this summer would have been so much harder had we not spent 4 years in Nebraska. This family has been so special to us since we met them in 1997. Kathy and I traded so much babysitting when our kids were little that I'm not sure what I would have done without her! Of course we'll always stay in touch and with my 4 girls and her 6 boys there is sure to be a wedding in the future!

8 comments:

The Churn Mistress said...

Yeah! Love the updates! It is fun to see pictures of your cute family!
Michelle

Soccer Mom said...

You are one busy woman!!! Thanks for all the updates! So fun!

The White House said...

I am so glad you updated your blog but i know how busy you are. I still cant believe you have a daughter that old. you look like you 20. I am amazed. Your pictures are so fun!! I think that is cool they had inividual baptisms i have never heard of that because i have always lived hear. I would make the day even that more special for the child if it was just for them. My nephew just was baptized and there was like 15 other kids and it just seamed like they were pushing the kids through as fast a they could. I hope all is well. Take care.

Elizabeth said...

Great updates, Colleen!! Your kids are getting so big, and I can't believe how much Emillie looks like you!

QnA Drapers said...

thanks for all the update! Looks like you guys are doing great!

Nitsan said...

Nice pictures! Good luck with the company!

Unknown said...

nice kids

http://smile-be-positive.blogspot.com/

Granny-mim said...

Hi - I live in Queensland Australia and I'm very interested in what you had to say about the redistribution stuff - I wonder if you would be able to let me know how it works - there may be oppostunities to tell people about it here in Oz. Thanks. Mim. I can be contacted on m1m1ado2@tpg.com.au