Thursday, January 8, 2009

Guess how much?

Most of you know about the crazy coupon ladies in Utah (no offense to those of you who are), but my friend Mindy called me at 9:30 Tuesday night and said, "Want to go to Albertons with me at 6 am for their killer sale?" After hesitating for a few moments she showed me where to print coupons on the internet and we went grocery shopping at 6 am. Now I've stood in line for electronics, toys, cricuts, and even for my friends, but I have never (until now) stood in long lines for GROCERIES! After it was all said and done, we were gone for 2 hours and this is what I came home with. Now keep in mind I did not have all the great coupons most of the other crazy ladies did, but guess how much I spent on all these items. I'll post the answer in a few days. FYI: I'm not going to do this again, it wasn't worth it.
p.s. Today I checked out at Sam's club right behind the lady that I checked out behind at Albertsons yesterday. She told me her friend wasn't as quick to get in line as we were and it was 10:30 before she was able to pay for her groceries. That is 4 1/2 in a grocery store. At least I'm not that crazy!

5 comments:

Tanner's Tales said...

those are two hours of your life you will never get back :)

Soccer Mom said...

I am not even going to guess. Getting up at 6 a.m. for grocery shopping is crazy!!!! Standing in line that long is almost as bad as taking your kids with you! :(

Lana said...

I am so proud of you for couponing! I promise it is not normally like that- well depending on the time you go. I went once at 5:30 am, and it was great! only like 5 people in the store. I of course haven t been couponing for like 6 months, so I dont know what sale prices were or what coupons were used, but Im going to say $28. Way to go!

Rachel said...

I'm not a coupon person either. I'll guess $35.

Colleen and Justin said...

Be realistic. There are 3 jugs of Tide 14 boxes/bags of cereal, 11 packages of yogurt not to mention the soda, toothpaste and a few other items. I thought it was good, but it wasn't that good!