Wednesday, December 17, 2008

In December?


I have done more canning this fall than in the last 4 years combined. By the time I finished my salsa, beans, jam, and pears I called it quits and put everything away. Then on December 1st my mom brought me some pears from my uncle's tree. My first thought was, NO! I'M DONE CANNING! They were ready to put in bottles when I got them so I spent the first day of December bottling pears. It's a good thing they came later, because I had to use bottles that I'd already canned in once this year, but we had emptied. These pears even turned out yummier than the ones I'd already done. Thanks mom and Uncle Clare! Now I'm officially done canning for the year!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm definitely done canning for the month too! You're such an over achiever!

kteuscher said...

Wow!! You should really be the Enrichment Leader!!!

A Forever Family said...

Gosh I am jealous, where did you learn how to can so well? My mother knows all this stuff, but did she ever teach me.. Of course not! Is it pretty hard to do? I have always had a desire to learn but it sounds tricky.

Colleen and Justin said...

It's pretty easy, just takes alot of time. Get a Ball Blue Book (from Wal Mart) and it will tell you everything you need to know.