Monday, April 27, 2009

I'm not a fun mom!

Upon leaving the grocery store today Melanie says, "Mom, you're just not a fun mom. You're always mean and we never get to do anything fun.

"Like what kind of fun stuff do you want to do?" I ask her.

She comes back with, "Well, you never let us ride in the driver shopping carts."

It's true, I hate those enormous carts that are impossible to maneuver. The kids always fight over where they get to sit and before long they are all running around the store. Even Addilee, who has probably never sat in one, tells me EVERY time we get a grocery cart that Mom hates those!

I guess I'm going to have to relax a bit and be a more fun mom, maybe.

5 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

It's ok! I hate those carts too and every time we go in the store Brylee either wants a driving cart or one of those "shopper in training" tiny carts. The answer is always NO!!!!

Boer Family said...

It's ok the meaner you are the faster they leave home:) And then all of the sudden you were really not that mean and you are actually pretty cool!! At least that is the story I get now!?!

wendysue said...

I'm in the no fun mom club too. . .seriously, who can drive those things?

Tanner's Tales said...

Willie used to ask for the cars, but since I am in the Mean Mommy Club, he doesn't even ask anymore, although, it might be nice to strap him in so he can't run wild through the store (Since Sammy now takes his place in the cart, Willie has free reign of the store...another reason not to go to Walmart)

kteuscher said...

I think you are a way "funner" mom than me.