Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Melanie turns 5!



Melanie started asking for a birthday party last week, but I was a little hesitant to agree to one. I asked her what she wanted to do for a party and she said she just wanted to take Stella to Grandma Ashbaker's to soak in her hot tub, watch a movie and eat gummy bears. I thought that was a great idea for a party so that is what we did! After our soak Grandma and Grandpa took us to Pizza Villa for pizza, yum yum! Then it was off to redbox to claim our free Monday rental. The girls wanted to see Horton Hears a Who (again), but they only lasted as long as the gummy bears held out and then they wanted to be in on the cake decorating. I should have bought more gummy bears! After dinner (leftover pizza, thank you Grandma) we had the Anhder's over for the traditional cake and ice cream. She opened her presents, which included a new summer wardrobe and a coloring book. (toys were provided only by the grandma's & the aunt's) I can't believe Melanie is 5, it seems like just last week that she was 4. (hee hee)

3 comments:

Soccer Mom said...

All I can say is, "WOW!" Five already!

A Forever Family said...

Yeah Melanie is a BIG 5 year old now! Tamara keeps asking me, "When is my birthday?" These little girls are not so little anymore. Almost a bitter-sweet moment I suppose.

QnA Drapers said...

Happy Happy Bday! Your kids are getting too big- way to get the braces to keep everyone lookin young!