Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What I've really been up to...

One of my good good friends, who shall remain nameless, informed me that I need to update my blog more often. I've been trying to think of what I've been doing that is blog worthy. I don't have pictures, but if I did they would be of chopped vegetables all over my kitchen for salsa, kids helping me "pick" beans (I finally had to give Addilee her own bucket to snap in so that I could go through them when she was done), and jars and jars of plum jelly. We were late getting our garden in because of the move, but we spent the 4th of July planting beans. We aren't getting as many as we would if the weather was still hot, but I've still managed to get 57 pints and I'm hoping for another picking. Our really great neighbors noticed that there is no way our tomatoes will be ripe before frost (since they are barely starting to get green ones) so they gave me enough tomatoes from their garden to make 2 batches of salsa. Another friend gave me plum juice which I turned into yummy jelly. Of course we had to have warm homemade bread to go with it!

So that is what I've been up to the last few weeks!

3 comments:

Lana said...

Know we want pics of them> LOL

Lana said...

p.s. I want some of your salsa- I never got to making it- but ooooh its the BEST!!!

Colleen and Justin said...

FYI: I'm up to 99 pints of beans and 44 cans of chicken. Pears will be next!